Wednesday, April 05, 2006

BBC English: Moving Words

Check it out- the BBC World Service (English divison)'s exhibition of 'Moving Words'
(-which to me is more like a memorable quotes site.)

They're voting for the most moving quote under the heading of ''Which Words in English have Moved you?" I assumed you could suggest your own quotes but it seems that 'language God' (not my term I can assure you...) David Crystal has selected for us from hundreds of our nominations.

The US Declaration of Independence is amongst the selected gems of the English language... (need I say more...)

Vote, post, reply, cuss...ok maybe not too much cussing, but response and interest is welcome.

Charissa

Black British English vs MLE

The latest episode of Lexis is out and it features an interview with Ife Thompson about lots of issues connected to Black British English, i...